Saturday, October 4, 2008

Abbie has been bugging me for a hair cut for ever... Every time I take the boy for a cut of say we need hair cuts in this house she says: I know Mom We ALL DO" ! and she is looking right at me and points to her hair... She was within seconds of cutting 10 inches of so she could donate it to lock of love again.. She donated her hair by her own choice when she was 7... She couldn't bare to cut it that short this time....
                                                                                 before
And six inches after.... One excited girl.  
                                                                             After
This biggest change for Abbie is  NEW GLASSES!!! 
Abbie has been getting a lot of headaches so we made an appointment with the eye doctor and sure enough.... She has 20/20 vision... but has astigmatism which was making her eyes really work overtime... She can see close up as well but her eye have to work a little harder.. now the can chill out and see so much better and hopefully not get so many headaches... Abbie picked out her glasses. She tried on lots of frames and these were her favorite... Her aunt Mindy said she was proud of her for not picking out pink.... And being a little more practical...  Lucky for Abbie the doc. told her she only has to wear them when she wants to. Because unlike the rest of us who can't see a thing when we take our glasses of she can see still... She might even grow out of this he said... I definitely enjoy lasik and not having to wear glasses...


Is she cute or what!!!


9 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Awww I love the glasses & the new hair! She looks so sophisticated in her glasses. I couldn't stand mine when I was young, but the styles are so much better now...so I love mine now :)

Cassie said...

Love it! She looks so grown up! Send her on over to have a hair straghtening party!

Sierra said...

I wish I looked that cute with those frames!! She looks so CUTE!! Welcome to the club, Abbie!

Amber said...

yay abbie, I am soooo happy for you that you finally got your mom to take you to get a hair cut. I love it. and just for the record, I really liked your short hair last time too. Cute glasses too, they look a lot like mine. I guess that is why you picked those ones huh? ;) love you Abbie!!

Shari said...

Really cute picture! She look's so cute in her glasses!

Sankari W. said...

Awwwww Abbie - you look so beautiful and sweet in your pictures!!! Your haircut looks great and you look great in your glasses!!! Which reminds me that I should wear mine more often because I can actually see better :) Hope you and your family are having a wonderful day!!!!
Much love from Iowa,
Sankari and family :)

ps - Brooke - thanks so much for the link to your family site! can't wait to read through everything! and thanks for the tag - will have to do that later today - will write more soon!

Kellie said...

I love your blog Brooke. I am new to blogging...My sister talked me into setting one up after two of our siblings moved out of state. Anyway, I so enjoyed reading about your family and also love the glasses. Samantha has been in glasses for about 6 months now and they have helped her a ton! So cute too Abby.

DeVries Family said...

Woohoo we love the new look Abbie! Nate just got embarrassed because I asked him if you look pretty...Nate blushing=cute Abbie;)
I have to agree with him!! You are beautiful! I can't believe that she is in 5th grade! When we moved in, she was in Kindergarten!!
That went WAY too fast...
You have such a fun family!

erika said...

With the new look.she looks all grown-up!
P.S. we move out of state.